An eyebrow is an important part of the face. Any imperfections on the eyebrow are visible. This is why thin or sparse eyebrows are a cause of concern for many, especially women.
The eyebrow transplant treatment at BM Cosmetic, the best cosmetic clinic in Chennai, easily solves all your eyebrow troubles. We have some of the best cosmetic surgeons and consultants in the form of Dr Rajinikanth, Dr Hemamalini, and Dr Tanuja, who provide expert guidance to patients and seek to improve the lives of others.
Most people often assume eyebrows serve just a cosmetic purpose. There are additional uses as well. Eyebrows also help deflect moisture, like water droplets and sweat, away from the eyes.
People have been resorting to makeup to compensate for thin or sparse eyebrows. But these methods are temporary. An eyebrow transplant, on the other hand, done by the best cosmetic surgeon in Chennai, is a permanent solution.
Eyebrow Hair Loss – Causes
Eyebrow hair loss can happen for a variety of reasons. For some, the eyebrows shed naturally as they get older. In others, eyebrow hair loss may happen due to excessive plucking when they were young. Plucking impacts growth as there are chances of permanent damage to the follicle. In addition to plucking and ageing, the following factors may contribute to eyebrow hair loss.
- Autoimmune conditions like alopecia areata or psoriasis
- Skin conditions like seborrheic dermatitis or eczema
- Hair disorders like telogen effluvium
- Thyroid diseases like hyperthyroidism
- Deficiency of nutrients like zinc, vitamins A and C, iron, and omega-3 fatty acids
- Hansen’s disease
- Stress and anxiety
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Makeup product overuse
- Specific medications
Those experiencing eyebrow loss can visit BM Cosmetic, the best cosmetic clinic in Chennai.
What is an Eyebrow Transplant?
As a permanent procedure, the purpose of an eyebrow transplant is to enhance the appearance of a person’s brows, making them look fuller. The treatment is also used to replace lost eyebrows. The transplant is performed by a cosmetic or plastic surgeon. The hair grafted to the brows usually comes from the part of the patient’s head that has healthy hair growth. At BM Cosmetic, the procedure is done by the best cosmetic surgeon in Chennai.
Who Should Opt for an Eyebrow Transplant?
Most people who choose an eyebrow transplant do it for cosmetic reasons. However, there are those who have lost their eyebrows due to reasons that were beyond their control. The reasons include
- Burn injuries in the eyebrows
- A condition where a person gets an uncontrollable urge to pull their eyebrows.
- People who have lost their eyebrows due to hypothyroidism, a condition characterised by an underactive thyroid gland.
- People suffering from alopecia areata, an autoimmune condition that causes hairfall.
Before the Transplant
Every surgery starts with an initial consultation with a cosmetic surgeon. This initial consultation is important, as the cosmetic surgeon will discuss everything related to the eyebrow transplant. In your discussion with a cosmetic surgeon in Chennai, you can expect to talk about
- A detailed analysis of hair growth on the patient’s eyebrows
- The location of the potential donor area
- The patient’s medical history, their family’s medical history, their lifestyle, and the medications they’re currently taking
- The patient’s expectations from the eyebrow transplant
- The complex details of the surgery, like the type of anaesthesia used, the duration of the surgery, and additional preparations to be made by the patient
The Procedure at BM Cosmetics, the Best Cosmetic Clinic in Chennai
Eyebrow transplants are outpatient procedures, meaning that the patient can leave the same day of the procedure. The process, done by the best cosmetic surgeon in Chennai, takes anywhere between 2 and 3 hours. A typical eyebrow transplant usually involves the following steps:
- The patient receives an anaesthetic that puts them to sleep throughout the process.
- The hair around the donor area is trimmed for easier access. The donor area is the part that will be transplanted into the eyebrows. This is usually the part above the patient’s ears.
- The cosmetic surgeon will remove the hair grafts from the donor area using a scalpel. Once removed, the donor area is sealed using sutures.
- A slit is made in the eyebrows, and the removed grafts are put inside it. The surgeon will stitch the slit once the grafts are in place.
After an Eyebrow Transplant
As said earlier, the patient can leave the hospital the same day as the surgery. Patients are asked to stay only in exceptionally rare cases.
The following are the post-surgery precautions to someone who’s had an eyebrow transplant:
- The patient is expected to get complete rest for a few days after the surgery.
- The transplanted hair will fall out soon after the surgery. This is normal. The new hair starts growing as soon as the old ones are gone.
- Scabbing occurs around the eyebrows soon after the surgery. The patient should refrain from picking them.
- The incision site will be covered with bandages. They shouldn’t be removed until advised by the surgeon.
- Strenuous activities must be avoided for the time period advised by the surgeon.
- Some stitches will dissolve with time. The ones that don’t will have to be removed by the surgeon.
- The incision site must be cleaned with excessive care.
- The patient will be expected to visit the surgeon multiple times to ensure that the healing process at the incision site is going as intended.
An eyebrow transplant is a cosmetic surgery that’ll give a massive boost to a person’s confidence and self-esteem. The person doesn’t have to wear makeup anymore to hide their imperfections. Plus, the fact that an eyebrow transplant is a permanent solution makes it a good choice for anyone who has lost their eyebrows.
BM Cosmetic, a NABH-accredited aesthetic centre, is a great choice for those looking for reputable cosmetic surgeons in Chennai. We have a state-of-the-art 35-bed facility with all the necessary equipment. The friendly environment and the warm staff make patients feel at home.
If you have any doubts regarding the procedure, feel free to call +91 9952099620 and book an appointment. Packed schedule? No issues, we also provide online consultations so that you can get information about our procedures from the comfort of your home.