BM Cosmetic - The Best Place to Get Plastic Surgery in Chennai
A scar, birthmark, or deformity on your body can bring down your confidence and self-esteem. Plastic surgeons in Chennai can be the saviours you need in these tough times. Either through reconstructive or cosmetic surgery, surgeons at BM Cosmetic can boost your confidence and appearance.
What is Plastic Surgery?
Many have the wrong perception of plastic surgery. You could be one of them. People think plastic surgery involves the use of some kind of plastic to give fake features. This is not true.
Plastic surgery got its name from the Greek word plastikos, which means to mould or form.
Plastic surgery is a procedure that is primarily performed on the face, neck, breasts, limbs, etc., to improve the aesthetic appearance of a particular body part. Plastic surgery can be of two types: reconstructive and cosmetic.
Plastic Surgery at BM Cosmetic
Plastic surgery is a procedure that should be carried out with utmost care. You cannot hire a random doctor to perform the surgery since even a minor mistake can have severe long-term consequences. You need to make sure that the procedure is being carried out by the best plastic surgeon in Chennai. BM Cosmetic is a thought leader in the plastic surgery sector. We have the following things to offer:
- BM Cosmetic has over 10 years of experience in the field of plastic surgery
- All 14 medical specialists in our clinic have over two decades of experience in their specialization
- We are equipped with the best equipment and facilities that meet international standards
- BM Cosmetic has earned the title of the best plastic surgery hospital in Chennai by making over 10,000 patients happy and confident.
The professionals at BM Cosmetic will make you happy by understanding your goals and achieving them effortlessly with their extensive experience.
Two Types of Plastic Surgery Procedures Performed at BM Cosmetic
We at BM Cosmetic provide two primary types of plastic surgery procedures, which are:
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
Reconstructive surgery is a procedure that fixes the defects that either you are born with or caused by an injury. For instance, hand surgery can be performed to reshape the hand, improving functionality and appearance. Reconstructive surgery is done when it is medically required. The different types of reconstructive surgery procedures offered at BM Cosmetic include, but are not limited to:
- Breast reconstruction and reduction
- Facial reconstruction
- Fat reduction and body lift
- Gender affirmation procedure
- Birth defect repair
Cosmetic Surgery Procedure
Cosmetic surgery procedures are done to improve the appearance of any part of the human anatomy for non-medical reasons. Usually, cosmetic surgery in Chennai is done to enhance the self-esteem and confidence of a person. It involves changing the size, shape of a body part. It is also done to improve the symmetry between two identical body parts, like the breasts.
- Breast enlargement
- Buttock lift
- Cheek or jaw reshaping
- Hair transplantation
- Thigh lift
- Nose reshaping
These are just some examples of the different types of cosmetic surgery procedures that are done in BM Cosmetic.
Difference Between Reconstructive Surgery and Cosmetic Surgery
|Aspect||Reconstructive Surgery||Cosmetic Surgery|
|Purpose||To fix defects and improve functionality and appearance||To enhance the appearance of a particular body part|
|Medical necessity||Required||Not required|
|Insurance coverage||This type of surgery is covered by insurance||This type of surgery is not covered by insurance|
|Recovery time||Need more time to recover||Comparatively less recovery time is required for recovery|
|Surgical team||Plastic surgeons||Surgeons and dermatologists can perform this procedure|
The Most Popular Types of Plastic Surgery Procedures
Rhinoplasty: Simply known as the nose job. This procedure involves resizing or reshaping the nose for improved appearance.
Facelift: This procedure is done to lift the sagging face tissues to reduce wrinkles and bring back the youthful look.
Blepharoplasty: Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, is done to remove the excess fat or skin around the eyelids
Breast Augmentation: Breast augmentation is done to modify the shape of the breast or enhance the size of the breast with implants. This procedure can also be done by fat transfer.
Breast Reduction: This procedure is done to reduce the overly large breast that causes physical discomfort to the person.
Breast Lift: This procedure is also known as maxopexy. The purpose of this procedure is to lift the sagging breast with implants to restore a youthful look.
Liposuction: It is the process of removing excess body fat from several areas to achieve a fit look.
Tummy Tuck: This is also a process of removing excess body weight but is limited to the abdominal area.
Body Lift: Body lift is the process of lifting the sagging tissues in several areas, such as the abdomen and buttocks.
Importance of Plastic Surgery
Being confident about your body is very important to be successful both in your personal and professional lives. Not feeling good about your body can lead to low self-esteem and affect your social skills. You might encounter the following psychological consequences if you feel insecure about your body:
- Low self-esteem and body image: A facial deformity or other kinds of deformity can lead to the person feeling embarrassed about their body. Low self-esteem can cause social anxiety
- Isolation: People who are ashamed or embarrassed about their bodies tend to keep themselves alone. They won’t socialise with anyone since they think others might make fun of their body
- Depression: Low self-esteem and isolation are the perfect mix that can lead to depression. They will not be interested in activities they once liked due to depression. They will also feel hopeless and sad about their life
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder: BDD is a disorder that occurs in people who have a flaw in their appearance, which may or may not be noticeable to others. People with BDD will have obsessive negative thoughts about their appearance
This section proves the importance of plastic surgery. These are the issues that you can fix by getting plastic surgery in Chennai.
Pre-Operation Guidelines to Follow in a Plastic Surgery Procedure
Guidelines to be followed in a plastic surgery procedure can change based on the type of procedure you undergo. However, some guidelines are common. The following are some of the general guidelines that the best plastic surgery hospital in Chennai will ask you to follow:
- Smoking is a no-no. Unless you want a really big scar on the operation area, don’t smoke. Smokers tend to have a bigger scar following an operation since it takes a long time to heal
- Do not take medications like Aspirin, Advil, Napsoryn, and other anti-inflammatories
- Maintain a healthy diet and take care of your body. Follow the diet recommended by the plastic surgeons in Chennai
- Make sure you have a friend or a family member with you who can take care of you after the procedure
Post-Operation Guidelines to Follow in a Plastic Surgery Procedure
As with pre-operation, you need to follow certain guidelines after the procedure. The guidelines you need to follow are:
- Take rest. Take time off of work and keep yourself bedridden. The bed is your best friend following a plastic surgery procedure
- Follow all of your doctor’s instructions
- Avoid exercising for sometime
- Change the dressing on the wound regularly
- Eat only soft foods or foods recommended by your doctor
If you don’t feel confident about yourself because of a deformity, BM Cosmetic should be your next stop. We have the best plastic surgeon in Chennai who can help you become more beautiful and confident.
Visit the best plastic surgery hospital in Chennai to transform yourself. Have queries? Give us a call at +91 9952099620 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our experts will be with you right away to reshape your life.