BM Cosmetic - Teeth Implant
Are you unhappy with your smile because of missing teeth? Do you find it hard to eat your favourite foods or talk clearly because of your tooth gaps? Teeth implant is the perfect option for replacing multiple lost or broken teeth.
BM Cosmetic offers the best dental implant treatment that gives you a natural-looking smile. At the same time, you don’t have to struggle to chew. They also help to maintain and stimulate jaw bones, support facial features, and prevent bone loss.
Teeth are lost because of:
- Root canal failure
- Tooth decay
- Congenital defects
- Excessive wear and tear
- Trauma to the mouth
- Gum disease
What is a Teeth Implant?
A Teeth implant is an artificial tooth root that is surgically positioned into the jawbone beneath the gum line. This allows the dentist to mount replacement teeth or a bridge in that area. Unlike a denture, implants do not come loose. They also benefit general oral health because they don’t need to be anchored to other teeth, like bridges.
Types of Teeth Implants
There are mainly two types of teeth implants:
Endosteal Implants: These implants are implanted directly into the jawbone. Once the surrounding gum tissue has healed, a second surgery is needed to connect a post to the original implant, upon which the artificial tooth will be attached.
Subperiosteal Implants: These consist of a metal frame that’s fitted onto the jawbone just below the gum tissue. As the gums heal, the frame becomes fixed to the jawbone. Posts attached to the frame protrude through the gums, providing a mount for the artificial teeth.
What are the Steps Involved in the BM Cosmetic Teeth Implant Procedure?
Opting for teeth implant surgery in Chennai, especially the BM Cosmetic method, ensures a systematic and precise approach:
The process begins with an initial consultation with a qualified dentist or oral surgeon. During this consultation, your oral health is evaluated, and a comprehensive dental implant treatment plan is created. This plan considers your specific needs and the condition of your teeth and jawbone.
Tooth Extraction (if necessary):
If you have a damaged or decayed tooth in the area where the implant will be placed, it may need to be removed. Tooth extraction is performed if necessary, ensuring the area is free from any remaining damaged teeth.
The next step is the surgical placement of the dental implant. This involves the following:
- An incision is made in the gum tissue to expose the underlying jawbone.
- A hole is drilled into the jawbone, creating a space for the implant.
- The dental implant, typically a titanium screw or post, is carefully inserted into the prepared site. The implant serves as the artificial tooth root.
- The gum tissue is then sutured back into place, covering the implant.
Bone Growth and Healing:
After the implant is placed, a critical phase of the process begins. The bone in the jaw must heal and grow around the implant, a process called osseointegration. This integration is essential as it secures the implant firmly in the jawbone. Healing can take several weeks to a few months, and the duration varies from person to person.
Once the implant has successfully integrated with the jawbone, a second minor surgery is required to attach an abutment to the implant post. The abutment is a connector piece that protrudes above the gum line. It’s necessary for the secure attachment of the artificial tooth.
Artificial Tooth Placement:
After the abutment is in place, your dentist will take impressions of your teeth and the abutment. These impressions are used to create a custom-made crown, which is the artificial tooth that will replace the missing tooth. The crown is designed to match the shape, size, and colour of your natural teeth, ensuring a seamless appearance.
After the artificial tooth is placed, you will be given instructions on caring for your new dental implant. Regular check-ups and maintenance appointments are crucial to ensuring the long-term success of the implant.
Our teeth implant procedure is designed to provide a natural and long-lasting solution for missing or damaged teeth. The precise and systematic approach helps ensure the stability and functionality of the implant while achieving an aesthetically pleasing result. Dental implants are a popular and effective way to restore your smile and oral health.
- Avoid consuming alcohol or smoking for at least 48 hours before the procedure.
- Maintain optimal oral hygiene.
- Complete any prescribed antibiotics or other medications.
- Fast for 6–8 hours if sedation will be used.
- Consume soft foods and avoid hot drinks for the initial days.
- Regularly rinse with warm salt water to promote healing.
- Abstain from smoking or consuming alcohol.
- Take prescribed painkillers as needed and complete any antibiotic courses.
- Maintain good oral hygiene to prevent infections.
The Benefits of the Dental Implant Procedure:
- Durability: Teeth implants are very durable and, with proper care, can last a lifetime.
- Improved Appearance: They look and feel like natural teeth.
- Speech Enhancement: Better than dentures, which can slip and cause mumbling.
- Convenience: Eliminates the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Improved Oral Health: Teeth implant work as a supportive bridge. So it does not require reducing other teeth.
If you want to revive your smile and oral health, then book your consultation with BM Cosmetic through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, you can call us at +91 9952099620. Ready to get the best dental implant in Chennai?