A trend that’s been capturing hearts and smiles alike is teeth jewellery. This unique and dazzling concept allows individuals to add a touch of sparkle and individuality to their smiles.
What is Teeth Jewellery?
Teeth jewellery is a form of dental accessory, a sparkling gem or jewel that is affixed to the surface of a tooth. It’s a brilliant way to express your personality and add a touch of glamour to your smile.
The dental jewellery used is specially designed for this purpose and adheres safely to the enamel without causing any damage to your teeth.
Why Do People Choose Teeth Jewellery?
People opt for teeth jewellery for various reasons:
- Individuality: Teeth jewellery allows you to express your uniqueness and stand out from the crowd. It’s an excellent choice for those looking to make a statement.
- Non-Invasive: The procedure is non-invasive, painless, and reversible. If you decide to remove the jewellery, your tooth will remain unharmed.
- Instant Glamour: Teeth jewellery can instantly add a touch of glamour to your smile, making it ideal for special occasions or everyday wear.
Advantages of Teeth Jewellery
- Safe and Non-Damaging: Teeth jewellery is attached using dental-grade adhesives, ensuring that your teeth remain unharmed during both attachment and removal procedures.
- Versatility: You can choose from a huge range of designs and gemstones to match your style and preferences, from diamonds to sapphires and more.
- Quick Procedure: The application of teeth jewellery is a relatively quick process, making it a convenient choice for those with busy schedules.
- Reversible: If you decide to change your style or remove the dental jewellery for any reason, it can be done without any long-term effects on your teeth.
How is Teeth Jewellery Fitted?
- Consultation: The process of fitting teeth jewellery begins with a thorough consultation at BM Cosmetic, the best dental jewellery clinic in Chennai. This initial step is crucial in ensuring that the procedure aligns with your preferences and overall oral health. During the consultation, you can expect the following:
- Preferences: You’ll have the opportunity to discuss your preferences and choose a design that suits your style and personality. Dental jewellery comes in various designs and gemstone options, so you can customise your smile to your liking.
- Oral Health Assessment: Your dentist will examine your oral health to make sure that your teeth are in good condition and suitable for the procedure. If any underlying dental issues are identified, they will need to be addressed appropriately before moving forward.
- Informed Decision: Your dentist will provide you with all the necessary information about the procedure, including potential risks, aftercare, and any special considerations. This consultation is your chance to ask questions and ensure you feel confident about the process.
2. Cleaning and Preparation: Once you’ve decided to proceed, the next step is the actual fitting process. Here’s what to expect during this phase:
- Surface Cleaning: To ensure a secure bond, the selected tooth’s surface will be thoroughly cleaned. This involves removing any plaque, debris, or substances that may interfere with the adhesion of the dental jewellery.
- Enamel Preparation: The dentist will gently roughen the enamel of the tooth where the jewellery will be attached. This micro-abrasion creates a secure bonding surface for the adhesive, promoting a lasting and stable attachment.
3. Application: With the tooth’s surface properly prepared, the dental jewellery can be attached. Here’s how it’s done:
- Dental-Grade Adhesive: A dental-grade adhesive, specifically designed for this purpose, is applied to the back of the dental jewellery. This adhesive is safe for dental use and ensures that the jewellery adheres securely to the tooth’s surface.
- Precise Placement: The dentist carefully positions the dental jewellery onto the tooth, taking into account your chosen design and alignment preferences. This step requires precision to ensure that the jewellery is both aesthetically pleasing and securely attached.
4. Curing: To finalise the attachment and ensure a long-lasting bond, a special curing process is employed:
- Special Light: A curing light, often using LED or UV technology, is directed at the dental jewellery. This light activates the adhesive, causing it to harden and securely bond the jewellery to the tooth’s surface.
- Secure and Long-Lasting: The curing process typically takes just a few seconds. Once complete, the dental jewellery is firmly affixed to the tooth, ready to dazzle and enhance your smile.
How to Care for Teeth Jewellery
Maintaining your teeth jewellery is simple:
- Oral Hygiene: Keep the area around the jewellery clean by brushing and flossing your teeth.
- Avoid Hard Foods: Be mindful of what you eat to prevent any accidental damage to the dental jewellery. Avoid chewing hard objects like pens or ice, as this can potentially damage the jewellery or your teeth.
- Regular Check-Ups: Schedule regular check-ups to ensure that the jewellery remains in good condition and securely attached.
Teeth jewellery is a fantastic way to add a touch of glamour and individuality to your smile without any long-term commitments. This non-invasive and versatile dental accessory allows you to shine with confidence, making it a popular choice among individuals looking to stand out and express their unique style.
If you too would like to enhance your smile and stand out from the crowd, call 9952099620 today!