What are Skin Tags?
Skin tags are small, benign growths appearing in areas where the skin forms creases. This is usually in places like the neck, armpits, and groin. They can also be found on the face and neck, causing discomfort and aesthetic concerns. They are usually flesh-coloured or slightly darker and hang off the skin by a small stalk.
Causes of Skin Tags
Skin tags are commonly caused by the friction of skin rubbing against skin or clothing. They are prevalent in people with obesity, diabetes, and pregnant women due to hormonal changes and increased friction.
Common Treatments for Skin Tags
At BM Cosmetic, professional skin tag removal is performed by experienced dermatologists who specialize in various advanced methods to ensure the best possible results with minimal discomfort.
a. Cryotherapy: This method involves freezing the skin tag using liquid nitrogen, causing it to fall off after some time. It is a quick procedure, usually with minimal pain, and is effective for most skin tags.
b. Cauterization: Cauterization involves burning off the skin tag using electrical current. This method is precise and seals the wound immediately, reducing the risk of infection.
c. Excision: Excision is the process of cutting off the skin tag. It is a straightforward method, usually used for larger skin tags, and may involve local anaesthesia to minimise discomfort.
What are Moles?
Moles are small, coloured spots on the skin, usually brown or black, caused by clusters of pigmented cells called melanocytes. They can be smooth or rough and flat or raised. They may also have hair growing from them.
Causes of Moles
Moles are primarily caused by the overproduction of melanin, often due to sun exposure or genetic factors. They can appear at any age and may change in appearance over time.
Common Treatments for Moles
1. Laser Treatment:
Laser treatment is a popular method for mole removal in Chennai. It involves the use of concentrated light beams to break down the pigment in the moles, causing them to fade over time. This method is especially suitable for smaller, non-raised moles and is known for its precision, minimising damage to the surrounding skin.
2. Shave Excision:
This method is typically used for moles that are raised above the skin surface. It involves shaving the mole off the skin’s surface without the need for stitches. Our dermatologists at BM Cosmetic perform this with precision to avoid any significant scarring.
Differences Between Skin Tags and Moles
- Skin Tags: Skin tags are typically small, soft, and flesh-coloured or slightly darker. They often appear to hang off the skin by a thin stalk, known as a peduncle. They are usually smooth and irregular in shape.
- Moles: Moles, on the other hand, are usually round or oval and can be flat or raised. They are generally uniform in colour, ranging from pink to dark brown, and can sometimes have hair growing from them.
2. Occurrence and Location:
- Skin Tags: They predominantly occur in areas of the body where the skin folds and there is friction, such as the neck, armpits, groin, and under the breasts. However, they can also appear on the face and other parts of the body.
- Moles: Moles can occur anywhere, including areas not exposed to the sun. They are usually scattered and can be solitary or appear in clusters.
- Skin Tags: They are believed to develop due to friction between the skin surfaces or between the skin and clothing. They are more common in people with obesity, diabetes, and during pregnancy due to hormonal changes and increased friction.
- Moles: They are primarily caused by the clustering of melanocytes, the cells that produce pigment in the skin. Sun exposure and genetics play a significant role in the development of moles.
4. Medical Concerns:
- Skin Tags: Skin tags are benign and usually not harmful. They are generally removed for cosmetic reasons or if they become irritated or uncomfortable due to friction, clothing, or jewellery.
- Moles: Most moles are benign, but they can sometimes develop into melanoma, a serious form of skin cancer. Regular monitoring of moles for changes in size, colour, shape, or symptoms like itching or bleeding is crucial.
- Skin Tags: Treatment options include cryotherapy, cauterization, excision, or over-the-counter solutions, primarily for cosmetic reasons or to alleviate discomfort.
- Moles: Moles may be removed for cosmetic reasons or if there is a risk of cancer. Common removal methods include surgical excision, shave excision, and laser treatment.
- Skin Tags: They are usually soft to the touch and may be wrinkled or smooth.
- Moles: Depending on the type, moles can be smooth or rough, and some may become more raised over time.
Whether you are looking to correct skin tags or moles, BM Cosmetic is your trusted partner for achieving beautiful, healthy skin. Our expert team provides the highest quality care, from skin tag removal to mole removal with laser treatment, ensuring your experience is comfortable and your results are outstanding.
Discover the transformation and regain your confidence with BM Cosmetic’s advanced mole and skin tags removal treatment in Chennai. Call +919952099620 today to schedule your consultation and embark on your journey to radiant, flawless skin.